Different work activities involve different hazards and to ensure a safe atmosphere for your employees you need to take some emergency measures. You may think that the kind of work your employees perform in the office can result in no accidents or injuries, but such incidence occurs when you least expect. Moreover, an employee might fall ill and need an emergency care at any time. So, following are some must have medical supplies for your workplace to ensure a safe and healthy atmosphere.
Eye Care Products
When it comes to performing critical tasks in industrial settings, eye care products can offer extreme comfort. Eye care products are hygienic and easy to use. To negate infection, protect wounds and withstand rough weather conditions disposable eye cups and eye sterile pads can assist greatly. Sterile eye wash can help to relieve irritation, burning, stinging and discomfort that are caused by foreign materials, pollutants and particles. Smoke, smog and dust particles can cause dryness along with irritation for which eye drops are a preventive cure. It will clean the eye and avoid possible injuries.
Cold and Hot Packs
Cold and hot packs are flexible and easy to use. Instant cold packs are good for swelling, toothaches, nosebleeds, muscle spasms, fractures, sprains and lot more. Those employees managing heavy duty machinery may suffer from certain kind of sprains or muscle spasms. Instant cold packs can offer quick relief to conform the body whereas for joint, tendon and muscle ailments hot packs are extremely useful. It decreases joint pain and muscle soreness. Hot packs minimize the pain instantly and allow an individual to return to their normal duties productively.
Emergency Response Products
Emergency response products help to reduce extreme injuries. In case of choking, drowning, poisoning, asthma and heart attacks emergency response products are very beneficial.
First aid kits
As a minimum every office should have a first aid kit in place. A first aid kit should have adequate amount of supplies which should provide at least minor amount of relief when it calls for urgent care. The kits must also be updated from time to time. In industrial settings employees are exposed to different kinds of hazardous risks and therefore these first aid kits should be well equipped to serve the needs of employees during an emergency. As per the American National Standards Institute the first aid kit must fulfill the minimum requirements. The kit must include:
- Antiseptic products: Burn creams, antiseptic wound wipes, peroxide products, alcohol products, first aid sprays, ammonia inhalants, antibiotic ointment creams, etc. are used to sanitize cuts and burns, avoid further complications, prevent the spread of infectious bacteria and reduce burning or discomfort.
- Adhesive bandages or plasters: A small medical dressing used for injuries that are not so serious and offers durable protection to the wound.
- Trauma dressings: It is to sustain and secure the injury and can be used as a pressure bandage too.
- Compresses and sterile pads: It promotes healing and protection to the wound.
- Exam gloves: These are disposable gloves used during medical examination to prevent cross contamination while giving care to the patients. It works like a barrier to protect against blood borne pathogens.
- Pain relievers: Over the counter pain relievers like aspirin and ibuprofen is safe for throbbing pains.
- Sharp scissors, tweezers and safety pins: scissors are useful to cut bandages, tweezers helps to remove splinters and safety pins are ideal for pinning bandages.
You can include many other things in the first aid kit but these are minimal items which must be included in the kit to ensure adequate amount of care in an emergency.
These must have medical supplies can help to create a safer workplace for the employees. As it is the employer’s responsibility to ensure the safety of employees it is important for the employer to inform the employees about the safety and health requirements at the workplace. However, being familiar with the safety policies is not enough because emergencies occur unknowingly. Why not be prepared in advance.
If an employee suffers from injury or illness at work then the above mentioned medical supplies can give the desired comfort. These medical supplies are vital to safeguard the health of employees. These basic medical supplies will work like a savior at an odd hour and you will be able to take further safety steps more easily to save the life of your employees.
Revamp your safety kit today with the important medical supplies to assist your employees appropriately during a mishap.
Adam Kail is the E-Commerce Manager and one of the content writers for PackagingSuppliesByMail. Packaging Material Direct, Inc. (DBA PackagingSuppliesByMail.com) is an industry leader for online ecommerce selling of industrial packaging, safety supplies and first-aid medical supplies. They are an Ohio based corporation and have been MBE (Minority-Owned Small Business) certified since 2009. They have rapidly developed into a nation-wide leading distribution source, with the privilege to serve the retail market as well as large corporations.