Here is an article about “how to sharpen a hedge trimmer correctly” with a fairly simple but very effective tool. What is the name of the tool you use to sharpen your size tools? “ So I’ll take stock of all those who find themselves facing a hedge-size tool, no longer allowing clear cuts and correct on the shrubs of your hedges.
The Classic Symptoms of a Poorly Trimmed Hedge Are:
- Difficulty pruning large branches
- Need a lot more acceleration to do the same job
- Presence after size of chopped branches at the height of the place: the sections are not clear.
What Tool To Use To Sharpen A Hedge Trimmer
You certainly know the stones to sharpen, sharpening rifles and many systems for sharpening knife type blades but it is more important to maintain electric hedge trimmers. However, in the case of hedge trimming, it becomes difficult to sharpen the teeth of the machine with such tools. For this reason an exceptional tool exists, it is the carbide sharpener.
It is formed of a handle and at the end a piece of tungsten carbide.
The Carbide Sharpener
It is the only really practical tool that I always use on all of my size tools before working on my clients’ work. Among the great benefits that I can quote from this tool:
- Can be transported very easily even in the pocket. For my part, this tool is present in my utility. That way I’m sure to have this one on site.
- Tool very handy because thanks to the small handle, it can be tilted as you see fit, very practical also on the teeth of a hedge, indispensable tool in terms of Gonicc products.
- No need to disassemble the cutter bar of your hedge trimmer, the tool fits between each blade easily.
How To Sharpen A Hedge Trimmer With Carbide Sharpener
Here is a picture detailing the use of this tool on a simple hedge trimmer. The technique is quite simple:
- Sit on a chair in a nice position with the hedge-size side handle on the floor, disconnected candle
- Insert the tool between the teeth, abutting the inside. Then tilt the tool exactly in the shape of the blade.
- Press the slider while sliding it outward.
- Repeat until the blade of hedge trimmer is sharp enough, then move on to the next one. You must repeat the same amount of impulse on each blade to have a homogeneous cutter bar.
- Once the first face of the cutter made go to the other side and repeat the operation. Make sure you do not flush the bottom blade, if necessary move the bottom blade by moving it or starting and accelerating until the blade is sharpened in the correct position.
Here, there is nothing exceptional or miraculous. On the other hand, count well 15 to 20 minutes per size hedge to have a cutter properly honed.
If the blades have large irregularities (mesh size …), sometimes a small rejuvenation of the cutter bar is necessary with the aid of a grinder. But be careful in this case the cutter bar must be open and disconnected. To find more useful information related to electric hedge trimmers and pruners and loppers you can visit our website.
Disclaimer: This post was submitted by a guest author. All the opinions, views and position expressed within the post are of author alone. We do not guarantee the completeness, accuracy or validity of the statements made by the author and accept no liability. The content of this post was provided by the author solely therefore any liability regarding infringement of intellectual property rights remains with the author only.
Smart Home Improvement is one of the finest guide to choose the best products for your garden.